Updated: Feb 13
Job Title: Consultant
Location: Remote/Site Based
Role: Permanent & full time
Salary: £32,000 - £42,000 DOE
Our client is a specialised consultancy that delivers improved value to clients from planned investments in new and existing physical assets. They provide a full spectrum of consulting, assurance and optimisation services that delivers quantifiable and tangible outcomes and benefits to their clients by utilising proprietary tools, techniques and systems.
Their services and methodology can be applied in any industry and within any size of business. They work with businesses that constitute a global presence and have an impressive, blue chip client list.
They assure their clients not only of their services and commitment to enhancing organisations value, but also of their promise to deliver impartial and accurate advice and a guarantee of a trusted, continuing and confidential partnership.
What you will be doing
Our client is currently seeking proactive Consultants to join their dynamic and fast paced team.
The day to day activities of the Consultant include, but are not limited to:
· Capturing and analysing engineering and asset-based information
· Investigating the root causes of inefficiencies and problems
· Developing suitable, feasible and acceptable solutions
· Collating information into presentable graphs, tables and slides
· Contributing to written reports
· Running and facilitating workshops and meetings with a range of audience engagement
· Quantified decision-making and implementing objectivity in reporting
· Creating links between engineering practicalities and financial realities
· Forming relationships with clients to assist in moving work and business development forward.
All of the above tasks may be performed within a team or as an individual but always with the support of a senior consultant. Consultants would typically form an integral part of the delivery team and have responsibility for specific aspects of the scope of work being undertaken.
The skills you need
To be considered for the role you must, as a minimum, meet the following criteria of skills, knowledge, experience and qualities:
· Qualified to degree or postgraduate level in a relevant area: Engineering (Mechanical, Materials, Aerospace or similar), Physics, Mathematics, Computer Science or similar
· Minimum of 3 years’ experience of working in industry or consulting post-graduation. This does not necessarily need to be directly related to the specific work that our client undertakes
· Demonstrable strong analytical skills and problem-solving ability
· A self-starter with excellent communication and interpersonal skills
· Conscientious, methodical and able to work on your own initiative
· Ability to deliver under pressure, be enthusiastic and responsible
· Task orientated with the ability to build effective relationships
· Willing to work on client sites with overnight stays required (travel and expenses paid)
· Full UK driving license
The skills that give you bonus points
· Experience of Asset Management or similar activities within an industrial or heavy asset environment;
· Understanding of concepts such as continuous improvement and lean manufacturing;
· Strong presentation skills;
· Technical experience with the Microsoft Office suite (particularly Excel);
· Interest and aptitude in contributing to ongoing business development;
IMPORTANT: Many of our client’s customers require UK Security Check clearance. We are therefore unable to consider any candidates who do not have an unrestricted right to live and work in the UK which usually requires either British citizenship or indefinite leave to remain with several years of permanent residence (in most cases 5 years or more).
A competitive renumeration package including discretionary bonus scheme and a car allowance is available for the right candidates.
To express your interest in this role, please send us your up-to-date CV and a cover letter explaining why you would be suitable for the position and detailing your salary expectations and notice period.